You didn’t become a therapist because you wanted to work in a stuffy agency setting and spend your days teetering on the edge of burnout.
But is it really possible to do life-changing clinical work without stepping into a soul-crushing 9-5?
Here at Modern Era, we believe it is.
Are you a creative, down-to-earth therapist looking to join a group of dedicated, trauma-focused clinicians?
If so, let’s talk.
Founded in 2018, Modern Era specializes in helping Charlotte-area teens and young adults—most of our people are in their 20s, 30s and early 40s—navigate the messy terrain of modern life with purpose and authenticity. We work with Charlotte’s lawyer, artist, teacher, doctor, barista, student, consultant, musician and “I want more out of life-er.”
Many of our clients seek counseling to address common mental health concerns, like anxiety, grief and depression. Others turn to us for help dealing with relationship stress, LGBTQ+ concerns, and general life baggage. Regardless of what our clients are going through, we believe in meeting them right where they’re at. We see our clients as people, not problems. And we see ourselves as facilitators, not experts.
Ready to do life-changing work with Modern Era?
Then let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
- Passion for the art of therapy
- Commitment to deepening your craft
- Interest in working with young adults and professionals
- Outgoing and highly personable
- Previous psychotherapy experience
- Licensed or provisionally licensed in the State of North Carolina as an LPC, LMFT, LCSW or Psychologist
- Able to work a few evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Able to increase hours as caseload builds
- Able and willing to meet virtually with clients until in-office sessions resume
- Fully licensed
- Credentialed with BCBS of NC
- Training in trauma-informed treatment modalities
- Experience and interest in leading psychotherapy groups
- Experience and interest in working with couples
- Open to transitioning into full-time position as caseload builds
Why join Modern Era:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible hours
- Professional development opportunities
- Creative and laid-back work environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply:
Please submit an introductory video along with your resume and cover letter. Your video should be pretty brief (2 min. or so) and informal.
(You can create your video on Loom, which will generate a link that you can email along with your cover letter and resume.)
In your video, please (1) introduce yourself, (2) share past clinical experience, and (3) talk about why you’re interested in this position. You’re welcome to include any specific questions you have.
***Note: Applications received without an introductory video will not be considered.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and video to Matt Smith at [email protected] with the subject line “Part-Time Therapist Interview.”
Position will remain open until filled.