Our guess is you didn’t become a therapist because you wanted to work in a stuffy agency setting and spend your days teetering on the edge of burnout.
But is it really possible to do life-changing clinical work without stepping into a soul-crushing 9-5?
Here at Modern Era, we believe it is.
Are you a creative therapist who’s looking to do meaningful work?
If so, you’re in the right place.
Here at Modern Era, it’s our goal to bring Charlotte the best, most dedicated therapists. We’re a team of hard-working counselors, and we strive daily to grow as humans and support one another in deepening our shared craft.
As a team, we specialize in helping Charlotte-area teens and young adults—most of our people are in their 20s, 30s and early 40s—navigate the messy terrain of modern life with purpose and authenticity. We work with Charlotte’s lawyer, artist, teacher, doctor, barista, student, consultant, musician and “I want more out of life-er.”
Many of our clients seek counseling to address common mental health concerns, like anxiety, grief and depression. Others turn to us for help dealing with relationship stress, LGBTQ+ concerns, and general life baggage.
But regardless of what our clients are going through, we believe in meeting them right where they’re at. We see our clients as people, not problems. And we see ourselves as facilitators, not experts.
Ready to do life-changing work on a team of like-minded counselors?
Then let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
- Passion for the art of therapy
- Commitment to deepening your craft
- Interest in working with young adults and professionals
- Outgoing and highly personable
- Previous psychotherapy experience
- Licensed or provisionally licensed in the State of North Carolina as an LPC, LMFT, LCSW or Psychologist
- Able to work a few evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Able to increase hours as caseload builds
- Fully licensed
- Credentialed with BCBS of NC
- Training in trauma-informed treatment modalities
- Experience and interest in leading psychotherapy groups
- Experience and interest in working with couples
- Open to transitioning into full-time position as caseload builds
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours
- Steady stream of referrals
- Creative, supportive, and laid-back work environment
- Comfortable office space
- Professional development opportunities
- Equal opportunity employment
- An in-house Intake Coordinator who schedules initial appointments on your behalf
How to apply:
Email your resume to [email protected] and complete the form below. Thanks for your interest!
Position will remain open until filled.